Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tom's Gourmet Marketplace

I was trying to hold off on posting. After all, who wants to cover that lovely photo!

Today I found myself in Northboro right around lunch time. Well, maybe not lunch time exactly, but I was completely ready to sneak in what could be my third lunch NOT in front of the computer in months.


I'd fallen into a habit of stopping to visit my buddy Tom for coffee/guilty pastry binges whenever I'm in the area for work. This is once or twice a week. That's a lot of German Chocolate bars.

Tom's store is located in downtown Northboro. The decor inside is very trendy and very homey at the same time. Exposed duct work (one of my personal favorite interior decorating motifs), and exposed beams (also classy) are the main interior focus, and there are several tables inside and outside of the main store. There is a wide selection of gourmet foods including oils, spreads, spices, and some other things I did not recognize. They also have a full deli, pre-made meals, bar, and coffee shop. In the basement, they host cooking classes that can be put together for fun or corporate teambuilding. The only thing missing is..oh wait. Nothing. I don't even have to BMOB.

I had grabbed a few sandwiches to go before, but today I wanted to be a little more daring. In a giant glass case, they have ~20 pre-made entrees including chicken, seafood, beef, and vegetarian options. Today's options included grilled Italian farmhouse chicken, chicken cordon blue, Jamaican ribs, shrimp marinara, and (3) kinds of lasagna. And the best part? The menu actually changes every week! Prices for the entrees hover around $6, and for around $9 you get a full meal including (2) sides. I ordered the chicken stuffed with spinach and mushrooms. I was thinking that a serving would be 1/2 of the massive chicken boobie I saw. Nope. The whole boob. They heated it all up, topped it with a little sauce, and brought it out to me on the deck. Delicious! When I came in to ask for a to go box, Tom looked at me knowingly and said "I wouldn't have known what to do if you put that whole thing down." Well put Tom, well put. I'll think of you later tonight when I DO put the rest of it down.

The website is www.tomsgourmetmarketplace.com. They have the menu, the hours, and all sorts of neat little things they sell.

No comments: