Saturday, December 13, 2008

Question of the Day

Question:  Is it a prerequisite to be a twenty-something guido to work at the Verizon kiosk in the mall?

I went to the Auburn Mall today and stopped in my hurried tracks when I saw it:  three guidos working the Verizon kiosk.  It's been a while (maybe a year?) since I've been to the Auburn Mall, I mean, why go there when in just a short ride there's the Mecca that is the Natick Mall Collection.  There, at the Collection, ok:  the North Shore Fist Pumpers can commute in to hustle at the kiosk, but in Auburn, really? 

You can't tell me you haven't noticed all the guys in their borrowed-from-Sonic-the-Hedgehog style blowouts and chinstraps working the Verizon kiosks at the mall, whistling at you as you walk by, "Honey! What cell phone do you have?" (Umm.. a razr and it sucks, thankyouverymuch. Please tell me you did not just come from shooting 100cc's of testosterone in your buddy's ass.)
 
But this observation brings me to my other questions:  Why aren't guidos employed for T-Mobile, AT&T, or Sprint? Do they guido discriminate? Does their orange skin clash with the AT&T logo?*



*Note:  In Jersey, which may or not be a little dirtier than the North Shore (it's debatable) who works at T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint? It might be time for a road trip to the Palisades Mall. 





No comments: