Saturday, July 19, 2008

Starbucks on Shrewsbury Street to Close

I read this morning in the Telegram & Gazette that Starbucks is set to close down their Shrewsbury Street establishment, one of seven in the state slated for closure.

The Shrewsbury Street location was by far the best one in Worcester (IMO, of course). With plenty of seating (unlike it's other Worcester counterparts) and a prime location for an after-dinner coffee (especially on evenings where one was all Cafe Dolce-d out and couldn't possibly fit a cappuccino and piece of cheesecake in her1...), this location was ideal.

I was pleased to read that an unidentified employee is hoping customers can convince Corporate to keep the store open through a grass-roots effort2. Let's hope this works. Otherwise, my next favorite one, located in Auburn, will be seeing more of me. A closing date for Shrewsbury Street Starbucks was not released.

The other two locations, 11 East Central Street (the one with the drive-thru) and 1 West Boylston Street will remain open. As for the rest of Central Massachusetts, the article reported that no other Starbucks were to be closed3.




------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What? Like you can go into Cafe Dolce and not order dessert? Don't judge.
2. I haven't found anything on the internet about this yet, but I'll post as soon as I do so you, too, can help the effort.
3. And you can keep your "I love Dunkin Donuts" comments to yourself.

No comments: