Monday, July 7, 2008

WRG Happy Hour

Three of Worcester's finest restaurants (The Sole Proprieter, 111 Chophouse, & Via), are offering two very exciting deals, on the cheap, for an indefinite amount of time. This has actually prompted me to go to each of these restaurants, and fund the experience myself. For a long time, I was of the belief that the food actually tasted much better if someone else took care of this portion for me.

The first is the revival of the $5 Martini/Cosmo. I will actually have to take their word that this is a revival, because even at the Boynton any sort of mixed drink starts at $6. I took a leap of faith to try this out a few months ago, and I have practiced several times since then. I have enjoyed the experience each time; my favorite part is sitting in the bar observing those who have been enjoying the experience for an hour prior to my arrival. I also enjoyed breaking several glasses on the eve of my birthday, and showing my face (4) days later.

The second pairs nicely with the first. If you arrive, sit at the bar, and order off the bar menu at any of these restaurants between the hours of 5-7 pm on Monday-Friday, each of your purchases will be only $5! This is quite the deal, considering the menu items range from $5.99-12.99. Some of my favorites include the Chicken Primavera (preferably at the sole), the Bruschetta (at Via), and a tie between the Chicken/Pasta/artichoke dish & Wagyu Burger Sliders at the 111.

Basically, to sum it up, you can go to any of the three most notable restaurants in Worcester and have the time of your life for $30. Or maybe $40.

No comments: