Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baba Sushi

By far, my two most favorite things about Worcester are my girlfriends and finding new restaurants to eat at (yes, in that order).

One of my girlfriends came home for a long weekend from her jet-setting life in NYC (love her!) and asked if I wanted to meet up with her and TD for sushi on Park Ave. "Duh!"

(Recently unemployed and spending my days studying and commutting in and out of the sewar and major toursit attraction that is Boston for class, I couldn't really think of anything better to spend a couple hours to distract myself!)

I assumed we were going to Haiku, but that was not the case. We went to BABA Restaurant and Sushi Bar. Haven't heard of it? Me either. It's right next to Store 16. Haven't heard of that? Me either. (I've lived in Worcester for 23 years. Where have I been?) It's right diagnonally across from the D'Angelos on the corner of Park and Chandler. (Ohh ok, got it.)

We had the entire back patio to ourselves (ok, it was small and could only fit another party - but fantastic nonetheless!), props to TD for requesting an outdoor table! Points for al fresco.

After noticing our bags and sunglasses, our waiter chatted us up about how smart Gucci, Louis, and Coach were for having people pay for their goods and how much he loved wine and SAKI! He was about as entertaining as our food was delicious. Mmm.

All & All: Good time! A little hidden gem there on Park Ave.!

And, it won "2007 Worcester's Best Chef Award."

No comments: